Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Power of Twitter

Did you notice my new header with the adorable little owls? That is thanks to my twitter friend, @mentortexts. Jen offered to make a header and button for my blog and website and now both are looking extra spiffy thanks to her.

Jen has a fantastic website: www.teachmentortexts.com.
She reviews books and helps teachers by reviewing books and providing writing prompts, reading strategies to practice and more. This is a great place to learn about new books or learn new ways to each old favorites!

I titled this post "The Power of Twitter" because that is where I met Jen. A header for my website and blog are a small example of the support I have gained through Twitter. If you're willing to take the time to respond to people and build connections, your efforts will come back to you ten fold.

A big thank you goes to Jen for her generosity and thoughtfulness, I am glad to have a friend like her!

1 comment:

  1. Twitter is pretty awesome! I keep telling people all about it. It's like a little world of friends in your computer. I love it. I was happy to help! I'm glad I was able to actually do it! You've always been great to chat with on Twitter! :) How have we not met in real life yet???

    ReplyDelete