Friday, November 18, 2011

The Data

Well, Digital Diva demands and she shall receive!



It's a little hard to read (click on the picture to make it larger), but here is how the information appears in the accompanying google doc. I have a bookmark on the iPad for both the form and this doc, so I can easily go back and forth. While I do the data entry on the iPad, I normally use the spreadsheet on a computer. It is easy to sort at the top, so I can find who is using the same strategy, sort the data by student name.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your record-keeping system. What is a touchpoint?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A touchpoint is a standards based grade (1-4) that you give to a student based on how they are doing with that strategy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karyn,

    Awesome! Thanks for the visual -- I think it helps us make the connection between the form and what we as educators can see on our end to inform our instruction.

    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic. Does everyone in your school use this tool? How has it impacted your instruction?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word! These ipad documents are wonderful! I would love to have a copy of each... is there any chance that you would share them with me?
    Thank you for your great insights and ideas!

    Donelle
    Minnesota
    welchdonelle@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for such a fabulous idea! I created my own because I was so inspired by you. Here's the post:

    ThinkShareTeach

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I can see this is a very old post. Are you still using this system? I want to abandon my enormous binder and this seems promising. Would you share an update? Give some pointers?
    mfreines@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete